Monday, September 21, 2015

Thank you for coming! We are partners in your student's education:
jzartler@pps.net      ZartlerGovEcon.blogspot.com

Government: I build this course around not only the state standards, but around my personal experience of what a person needs to know in order to be an informed voter and an active participant in shaping the future of our society. I expect all of my students to be practice and improve their skills in reading, writing, speaking, researching. My goal is for all of my students to feel empowered to participate in the governance of our society.

Economics: Understanding the role that money and economic choices makes in having a happy successful life is my motivation for teaching Economics. Using the state standards as a spring board I strive to help students develop the tools for making financial choices that make the best sense for them. Supply and demand is the key concept in this course, and we study how that basic law helps one infer what is likely to happen. We will complete a resume, and learn a bit about budgeting and balancing accounts in order to understand if a budget was met.

Proficiency Grading: What a student knows and can do is most important; trying to learn and meeting reasonable deadlines regularly is important, too.

Syllabus including full grading policy, accommodations, etc., will be available on my staff webpage beginning later this week (awaiting approval).

I certainly hope to be shaking your son or daughters hand on June 7th at Memorial Coliseum!

No comments:

Post a Comment